Thursday, February 25, 2021

Storyboard

 Me and my partner agreed that the best way to do our storyboard is to split up the work. Our shot list as shown in my previous post consist of 20 shots that will make up our film opening. There may be a few shots that we add or change but I will be sure to record our changes in my blog. I was assigned to do the first 10 shots in the plan and Paola will do the other 10, so it isn't a lot of work on either of us. 


I have done two previous storyboards but I still wanted to do some research on how to make a good storyboard to ensure I made it right. I used this website here and there are 4 easy steps to follow that will produce a good and effective storyboard. Here are the 4 steps and the link above goes into further detail about each step and why it is important:

1. Make a shot list

2. Sketch it out

3. Fill in details

4. Add words

After following these steps, the storyboard was very easy to produce. The only hard part was actually drawing everything because I draw like a fifth grader but at least I tried.


Here is my 10 shots that I drew. I focused more on the camera movements and angles because I knew my drawing skills wouldn't display the right action. I was looking into using a website to draw my storyboard to make the images look better, but I had trouble in past storyboard projects navigating the website, so I decided that it would just be best to draw out the images like the website listed and then I would use words to describe the movement.



My partner will finish up her part of the storyboard hopefully by tomorrow so we can then decide our shooting schedule to start the actual fun part of the project (I'm so excited but scared!) I will keep you all updated!



Sources:

“Attention Required! | Cloudflare.” MasterClass ARTICLES, www.masterclass.com/articles/how-to-make-a-storyboard-for-a-film#how-to-make-a-storyboard-in-4-easy-steps. Accessed 26 Feb. 2021.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

 Thank you for coming along on this journey with me. Here is my CCR enjoy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkdTqSycG8c