Sunday, March 21, 2021

Starting the Editing Process

I previously said that today I would start the editing process for the few shots that we were able to get and I have to say this brings back major flashbacks to film in 8th grade. I had done previous projects in aice media where I had to edit using premiere, but this project is more similar to the one that I had in film where we had to recreate a music video. I started by putting in the videos in a new project on adobe premiere and the first thing I did after was save it (the most important step) because losing this project when we are further along would be bad. I then researched how to make a video darker in premiere because as I said in a past blog post, turning the clocks kind of ruined our whole plan of shooting at night because most people in our film want to be home in time for dinner, so we have to darken the film to give the effect it is occurring during the night. I found this video that I will share here on this post that I used to help me darken my film and give off the effect I was looking for. 


I took a snip it of my editing sequence on premiere that showed the skills I learned in this video to darken the video and there is a side by side comparison of how it looked before editing and how it looked after.


As you can see, the video helped a lot and the difference is noticeable. I am not one hundred percent set on this look and will play around with the sidebar effects more to get the perfect look and I will record those numbers so I can use it on the rest of the lighter film, so they all have the same look. I wont be able to make it look completely like nighttime, but I can get close enough to get that effect, which is the goal.


No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

 Thank you for coming along on this journey with me. Here is my CCR enjoy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkdTqSycG8c