Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Filming: Done

We finally met up and filmed our entire film opening project and it only took about two hours! I honestly thought that it would take longer, but I guess we were just very efficient. Before we started filming we met up with our actors and decided to record the actor's lines through an app called garageband. We plan to use these audios to replace the sound in the actual footage that we recorded so the audio sounds more crisp. We were worried about getting actors one week ago, but we ended up casting enough actors that were willing to do this project and were actually excited about it, which helped the footage look better because there was that passion in the acting. We also found an actress to play the bystander so I was strictly just filming.


We filmed on Monday at 7:00pm, so in a few clips the lighting is a little bright, meaning in post production now I will edit the videos to look like they were taken later at night. When filming we used all kinds of stabilizers to help steady the shots including, the handheld stabilizer I showed in a pervious post, a tripod (which was our main form of stabilization), and just our bare hands. The shots came out mostly stable and I can make them even more stable through a tool in adobe premiere. The only problem that I saw with the shots we took was the lighting was very iffy in some shots because we had to use a flashlight to shine light on the characters since it was taken in pitch black. A few shots have a glare from the lights outside and our flashlights that I couldn't seem to get around, which is very disappointing. I will try my best to hid the glare, but it seems like it will be there no matter what I do. I will do some research however on how to remove it or at least make it less noticeable.

Here are the forms of stabilizers we used:


I will start the editing process soon and will make sure to update you guys through that!





No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

 Thank you for coming along on this journey with me. Here is my CCR enjoy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkdTqSycG8c