Thursday, March 25, 2021

The Editing Starts

I have started the actually editing process this time! Let me tell you guys it was a hassle to download all of the footage because I don't have a mac, so I wasn't able to airdrop the footage. There is another method that I used to use which was to plug in my phone to my computer and just drag and drop the files off there, however all my photos and videos were jumbled, plus I favorited the videos I actually wanted to use so that method wasn't going to work. Lastly, I thought to download all my footage to OneDrive and just download the videos on my laptop through there and that was successful for me. It took about 45 minutes to download everything onto my OneDrive and from there I was able to quickly get it on my laptop. 

When I added all the videos on premiere, I first put them all in order and quickly realized we were going to have a problem. Before I cut any of the videos to the actual parts we would use, the total length was about 4 minutes. I knew we were going to have a time limit problem because the maximum is 2 minutes and there is only so much I can cut from each video to cut it down literally in half. I was able to get it to 2 minutes and 19 seconds, which is still too high though. I know there are a few clips I want to speed up that should help, but in all reality we need to cut some shots from the final productions because it is impossible to include all the shots and be within the time limit. I am just hoping it looks cohesive after we cut those shots that are the least important to compelling our story because right now it is looking kind of choppy, but editing and transitions should smooth that out.



No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

 Thank you for coming along on this journey with me. Here is my CCR enjoy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkdTqSycG8c