Saturday, February 20, 2021

The Amazing Plot

 We have came up with a solid plot that me and my partner are both happy with. Surprisingly this came very fast to me because I knew I wanted to do the horror genre so I was thinking about ideas since the start of the project. Since we decided on the comedy and horror genre we knew we had to produce an idea that would represent both genres. I instantly thought of a kidnap scenario because that is one of my personal biggest fears, being a teenage girl. I know a lot of my friends and many others share similar views with me so creating a film based on a kidnapping would be sure to scare the audience because it builds up the fear they already possess.


One movie that used the fear of kidnapping to scare their audience is the movie Kidnapping Stella. This movie is a 2019 German thriller film directed and written by Thomas Sieben, and is a remake of the 2009 British thriller The Disappearance of Alice Creed. The plot revolves around two men, Vic (Clemens Schick) and Tom (Max von der Groeben), who kidnap Stella (Jella Haase), and shows how she tries to escape the clutches of her two masked kidnappers. Stella is snatched off the street and held for ransom, a bound and gagged woman uses her limited powers to derail her two masked abductors' carefully laid plans.


I ran the idea by my partner and she agreed it was a great idea and that we could easily incorporate comedy in our film opening. My teacher Mrs. Stocklosa recommended we use physical humor rather then mental humor, which I descried in one of my previous post, because it is much easier to infer that moment was funny if someone get randomly hit in the head by a ball or something. 


Plot:

  1. Drunk friends walk to the car, one falls or something (still unsure if they will be drunk or not)(the other laughs at them in a fake laugh)

  2. Get in the car and realize there a car following them

  3. Try to call police but there is no service, until a call from unknown (phone is symbolism for the being helpless)

  4. They realize and stop in a parking lot after the headlights disappear

  5. Look in back seat after they hear a noise

  6. Nothing is there, the phone stops ringing

  7. Close up of passenger and hand goes over face fast


This is the basic run down of our plot and the storyboard will describe everything with more detail. Here is a snip it of the google doc with our plot information and plan.






Sources:

1.Wikipedia contributors. “Kidnapping Stella.” Wikipedia, 16 Aug. 2020. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kidnapping_Stella.

2.“Kidnapping Stella (2019).” IMDb, www.imdb.com/title/tt8613876/plotsummary. Accessed 21 Feb. 2021.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

 Thank you for coming along on this journey with me. Here is my CCR enjoy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkdTqSycG8c