Saturday, February 13, 2021

The Fight for a Genre

 I know to be successful in this is project I have to come up with an idea that is unique but realistic with the resources I have at my access. The only problem is I have no idea what I want to do. I need to first start off with picking a genre and then I can focus on the details of the plot, setting, and characters. 


Genre: I need to compile research to get a definitive answer on which genre I would like to choose for my project. I will mainly be researching horror, comedy, and drama but I will look into a variety of them to be sure I picked the best one for me. The information I get through research will help me pick a definite genre.


Plot: I want to run my ideas by my friends and my partner to see any recommendations they have, which can help improve the plot. I will document all my ideas and any recommendations I am given by others. With all this information I can come up with a well founded concept that will hopefully help the other parts I need to think about, like characters and setting.


Characters and Setting: My character and setting options are very limited because of quarantine so I have to make sure to keep that in mind and keep the characters very limited in the film opening. I want to think a lot about who my characters really are and that will help with picking roles by pairing someone with similar traits to the character.


After having a solid idea of all the concepts above I can move on to the next step which would be to draw up a storyboard of the film opening that I can use when filming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

 Thank you for coming along on this journey with me. Here is my CCR enjoy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkdTqSycG8c