Saturday, March 6, 2021

Why we made changes

 So I am going to use this blog to describe why we made our changes and how this will help us throughout the course of our project.


So the first change we made to out project was basically adjusting the entire plot to something more creative. Initially, we had decided on doing a car scene where the two friends would get followed, but this idea could be hard to shoot in the car, since our angles and room is very limited. This idea also is the classic kidnapping plot that doesn't really create any interest to our target audience. For these reason, we changed our plot to be outside and have the two girls get scared when a person dressed in all black jumps out at them. This was a better idea because we had more room to shoot and it wasn't a kidnapping scene. Our genre is horror/comedy so we added a comedic factor of having the girls be drunk and beat up the person that scared them. We thought we had a solid idea until we had a group critique where I was given very good suggestions on how to make my project better. The problem was mainly how we were going to make the audience laugh and we knew we wanted physical comedy because that would be easier to convey, but we didn't have a solid plan on executing it. I was given the idea of having only the girls see the person, while bystanders couldn't, so it would be funny to see the girls beating up a pole or something. I liked this idea because it added some creativity, but I thought I could take it a step further and have the girls see and feel him when they hit them (because its a horror movie so there will be fighting) and no one else would be able to the person. This idea really stood out to me because it created a whole new look to our project and now looking back I think this is by far the best idea we have had and honestly things could change, and they might, but this idea really stuck out to me and I know moving forward this is what we will be going off of. Now we just need to film the shots and we will be sure to use our storyboard that has the shots listed in order and what camera movements we will includes as well as the angles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

 Thank you for coming along on this journey with me. Here is my CCR enjoy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkdTqSycG8c